This class gives participants an opportunity to reflect on their own roles in succession planning. It does not assume that the participants’ organizations have established succession plans. However, if an organization has established a succession plan, use the procedures and forms from that program to substitute for the procedures and forms provided in This class.
- To understand the manager’s role in succession planning
- To clarify the importance of an organization’s SP program
- To identify and analyze critical positions requiring backups on a temporary or permanent basis
- To learn how to compare individual appraisals of past and present performance with assessments of future individual potential
- To examine methods of grooming high-potential employees for advancement by narrowing developmental gaps between present performance and future potential