This class is designed to help managers, supervisors and designated on-the-job trainers increase their effectiveness in training employees on a one-to-one basis. Training is an ongoing process that takes many forms, from assigning new members to functioning teams to retraining workers to learn new and different skills. This class gives participants the tools and techniques for a systematic and active approach to training employees on the job, regardless of the situation.
- To design a framework for training people on the job
- To examine the unique characteristics of the adult learner
- To develop basic competence in helping employees learn new skills
- To use positive reinforcement to strengthen the new skills
- To identify ways to ensure transfer of training to the actual job situation